Sunday, July 27, 2008

Books To Read With Your Cat

There is a book called Three Stories You Can Read to Your Cat. I used to read it to Tyler before we got Wiggles. He would walk around while I was reading it, interrupt me with "questions," and rub my legs. I always laughed at the stories especially The Yummy Bug. Another cute book is Bedtime Stories for Cats and Three More Stories You Can Read to Your Cat. Even if your cat won't sit down long for you to read them to him/her they are still fun to read yourself.

Tip: If you see your cat sleeping start reading the stories softly, like a lullaby. If your cats ears are twitching you will know he/she is listening.

My cats love to read in general. If either my mom or I start reading Tyler will hop onto my mom's lap and Wiggles (<--picture) is usually on the couch by one of our heads listening. If we are reading in another room with the door closed, they will sit by the door and "cry" until we let them in. If you have any books that your cats love to hear, please email me or leave a comment.



"Like a graceful vase, a cat, even when motionless, seems to flow."
George F. Will

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read that cat stories book and me and my cat just loved it!

Anonymous said...

I recently sent a book to someone on
Paper Back Swap: Poetry for Cat Lovers. They said they really liked it... I'm not a cat lover, but it seemed like a relevant thing to say.