Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Aristocats

One of my all time favorite movies is The Aristocats. I am constantly quoting Marie, Berlioz, Toulouse, Napoleon, Lafayette. (Not to be confused with the real people in history). Such as:

Lafayette: Okay, let charge.

Napoleon: I'm the leader...I'll say when we charge...let's charge.

If you haven't seen the movie already I highly recommend it, from one cat luver to another.
Just in case you haven't, let me give you a brief summary:

Madame has one cat named Duchess (Ava Gabor) who has three kittens. Toulouse who paints, Marie who sings and Berlioz who plays the piano.

Well, Madame calls her lawyer Georges (Charles Lane) to draw up her will. She decides to leave everything to her cats.

Edgar (Roddy Maude-Roxby), her butler overhears and decides to get rid of the cats so her entire fortune will go to him. He meets with some troublesome dogs named Napoleon (Pat Buttram) and Lafayette (George Lindsey). And ends up leaving a lot of things (where these two dogs live) that could identify him as the culprit.
Meanwhile Duchess and the kittens make a new friends such as Amelia and Abigail Gabble (Carole Shelley & Monica Evans), Scat Cat and his group of alley cats and of course, Thomas O'Malley (Phil Harris). With these new friends made they start their journey homeward. To find out what happens in the end you will have to watch for yourself...I'm not one to spoil the endings of movies.
But if you want to see some really funny parts, there are a lot in this clip. One of my favorites is from 2:17-2:38, but the whole thing has many of my favorite parts.

I just wanted to share with you some things that I like and hope you like too.

"I still say it was just a little 'ol cricket bug"
Lafayette (The Aristocats)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the movie clip.
Nice reminder how great that movie was.
I Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for inserting it in your blog...

Always enjoy what you have to say in your blog.....

Thanks for the email and update...