Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ducks in our Swimming Pool

Hey everybody!

I thought this was the cutest thing and I wanted to share it with you. It isn't all about the cats, but it involves them.
We have a pair of ducks that are visiting our pool daily now. I'm hoping that they have a nest or something in our back yard. A couple of days ago my mom saw some big birds fly into the pool. I stood up and looked and found a male pecking at a female. Well, I didn't like that, but then my mom and I saw that it was two males fighting and one was standing on the female. It looked like she was going to drown. (Don't worry this story has a happy ending.) Then one of the males backed away as the other male stood up in the water and flapped his wings. He then went over the the female and they both got out of the water. The male who had lost got out of the water to, but on the opposite end. The pair of ducks looked sooooooooo cute together and the story reminded us of The Inheritance, so we named the female Edith (Edee for short) and the male James Percy (J.P. for short). Of course we won't see the other male duck again...his pride was too hurt. But we named him anyway, Lord Arlington.

I'm hoping that in the spring we'll have a bunch of little duckies.



The kitties are very happy about it all. They love watching them. I don't know what they are thinking when they are watching the happy couple, but they are having fun. Even now Tyler is asleep and the birds are still in the pool. And Wiggles is out catting around I guess. I assume that means they've decided to accept the Edee and J.P. as part of the family.


All the entertainment cat's will ever need is a window with some birds outside of it.
Tiffani-Joi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kitties have a beautiful view...